GBSN currently has a vacancy for a ‘Data Collection Officer and Administrator’ to cover maternity leave.
The post involves:
- collating and presenting data on a quarterly basis from the weekly monitoring sheets (approximately 10 hours per month)
- liaising with groups and the Trustees regularly
- manning the office
- answering telephone calls and responding to messages
- responding to and fielding emails to the appropriate person
- organising and attending meetings
- writing minutes and sending out to trustees, keeping a record of minutes
- assisting with the newsletter
- helping with organisation of events
- keeping a peer supporter record
- keeping an updated list of contacts for trustees and specialist workers
- keeping contact with peer supporters and specialist workers/ GBSN Groups
- keeping an updated copy of the GBSN list of groups and send to the appropriate people eg Lead health visitor and midwife for breastfeeding, local NCT branches
- keeping a record of communication between groups/ trustees/ peer supporters so any issues arising are recorded.
This is not an exhaustive list.
The role is for approximately 20 hours per month, half of which is expected to be taken up by the data collection side of the role and half the administrative.
ICT skills in Excel and database/graphic presentation packages essential. Salary £9 per hour. This is a self-employed position with the successful candidate taking responsibility for invoicing GBSN for their services and dealing with their own PAYE or other tax arrangements.
The position is expected to start in May and the maternity cover contractor will receive 4 weeks notice of the post holder’s return.
Closing date for applications: Monday 25th April 2011. Previous applicants are welcome to reapply.
Please send your CV and covering letter to The Trustees c/o Michelle Neal on firstname.lastname@example.org.