GBSN support groups receive no funding from NHS Gloucestershire.
Several of our groups receive some funding from their local Children’s Centre but this only covers a small portion of the network’s costs and is likely to be discontinued due to government cuts at the end of March 2011.
We are now largely reliant on fundraising activities and the generosity of our supporters to keep our groups running.
Over the coming weeks we will post details of easy ways to raise extra funds for our groups. You can also look here for details of all the fundraising activities recently carried out by the groups.
Many thanks to all for your hard work and dedication to keeping this amazing network running.
Some ideas to get you started…..
- make a small donation the next time you visit your local support group
- donate £2 by text message – simply text ‘GBSN01 £2′ to 70070
- use www.easyfundraising.org.uk as your online shopping portal – after registration a percentage of your purchases goes to GBSN
- donate through your company’s payroll giving – if it’s not available, lobby for it to be set up
- consider setting up a regular payment – contact firstname.lastname@example.org for bank account and Gift Aid details
- get involved in the next fundraising activity that your group runs – new skills and enthusiasm<
- set www.everyclick.com as your home page, register to support GBSN and use it for all your online search – you can also use it for online shopping and eBay trading
- suggest to friends and family that they make a donation on your behalf to celebrate birthdays and anniversaries
- send a one-off donation by cheque to GBSN head office at 14 Stepstairs Lane, Cirencester GL7 1LA
- create an everyclick fundraising page and collect sponsorship online
- if you visit Waitrose in Cheltenham, Cirencester or Stroud, pick up a ‘Community Matters’ form and fill it in, nominating GBSN